Sunday, December 18, 2016

September 8, 2015

Alright so this week was crazy!! But we had a blast! So I don't have a lot of time so I will share my spiritual experience for this week and issue my weekly challenge for you and then I will see what I can do! Sorry mom but I will have to send pictures next week.
So alright I went on splits with a guy in our ward named Brother Hunt, he runs his own company that does custom wheelchairs for the disabled! So we went and visited a lady who hasn't come to church for a while named Sister Alverez, and another less active named Wayne Searle, he hasn't come to church since 1987, but is a solid guy, Brother Hunt was with me and knows him so they hit it off and we challenged him read and pray twice this week. It was super super cool!! He accepted and I will follow up with him this week. Then Brother Hunt had a feeling which was revelation I know it was, to go and visit a lady named Sister Erickson, she is disabled and has had a lot of medical problems. Her boyfriend is a non member but comes to church all the time, so it turns out she was having a really hard night and she had some things flaring up and she said it felt like a knife in her gut, it was way bad. But we gave her a priesthood blessing and she felt so much better, she even came to church on Sunday. But what really hit me was even though she was struggling with so many different things in her life, she took the time to get to know me and make sure we were comfortable! But we are hoping to go by and start teaching her boyfriend this week!! I can't wait!! But so my challenge is this week is to take the time to get to know someone else this week, forget yourself and try thinking about someone else's needs this week. You as ward members really can make a difference and every ward member is a missionary. So this week try to be a ward missionary! Heavenly Father wants us to prepare right now to be instruments in his hands! I love you all so much and I know that as we strive this week to be better missionary's Heavenly Father will bless us and I testify that miracles will happen, so this week pray and seek out someone Heavenly Father needs you to help this week, and don't be afraid. If you are doubting look up fear in the bible dictionary, it says that fear cannot reside with a child of God or something like that. So as children of our father in heaven I know we can do all things through Christ!! 
Again I love you all and I know miracles will happen and that you will be able to help change lives, I know Christ lives I know our Heavenly Father loves us. I know that when we trust in him he will change our lives for the best! "Look unto ME IN EVERY THOUGHT DOUBT NOT FEAR NOT!" D&C 6:36! We have no need to fear when we trust in him! HE will bless you and I say this in the name of Jesus Christ Amen!
Sincerely Elder Goresbeck

No comments:

Post a Comment